The Lifetime Production award measures how much milk an animal produces over its lifetime and takes into account natural lactations. From LP50 to LP90, the amount of milk, fat and protein are measured and yields need to attain the standards set out below qualify for an award. From LP100 only the lifetime milk yield is required to qualify for the award.
The qualifying standards are set out below: -
|LP50||50,000 kg milk||1,600 kg ptn||1,850 kg fat|
|LP60||60,000 kg milk||1,920 kg ptn||2,220 kg fat|
|LP70||70,000 kg milk||2,240 kg ptn||2,590 kg fat|
|LP80||80,000 kg milk||2,560 kg ptn||2,960 kg fat|
|LP90||90,000 kg milk||2,880 kg ptn||3,330 kg fat|
|LP100||100,000 kg milk|
|LP110||110,000 kg milk|
|LP120||120,000 kg milk|
|LP130||130,000 kg milk|
|LP140||140,000 kg milk|
|LP150||150,000 kg milk|
|LP160||160,000 kg milk|
Gold Ribbon award
Members need to apply for this award either by joining the automatic LP scheme or by sending in a lactation certificate showing the lifetime yield of the individual cow. The owner of a cow that is awarded a LP100 award, will receive a certificate for the animal. LP100 and above animals are printed in the Holstein UK Journal. Members will receive a certificate for all awards above LP100. An article about the animal can be sent to the Society to appear in the Holstein UK Journal.
When an animal reaches LP130, the member will be presented with a framed certificate and a rose bowl or a paperweight for the qualifying animal. Members must apply for this award within three months of the date of the award.
Applying for Lifetime Production Awards
· Awards will be issued automatically to those herds which join the automatic scheme.
· This means that when the Society receives the milk records from your milk recording authority they are checked for eligibility and the awards are made accordingly. No individual certificates will be issued but you will receive a summary sheet each month of your animals that have qualified.
· A charge of £1.13 (plus VAT as appropriate) will be invoiced for each LP made.
· Members may apply manually for the LP awards, but these will be subject to a fee of £1.13 (plus VAT as appropriate) to cover additional administration.
· If you would like to join the automatic LP scheme, please contact membership services on 01923 695200 or email email@example.com
· Please note that applications can only be accepted from members who have a direct debit arrangement with the Society.